- Be able to play with a metronome/click and keep tempo, so as not to distract the band or the worshipers
- Support the needs of the song musically and rhythmically
- Know what “the pocket” is and how to be “in” it
- Be sensitive to each song’s message and drum requirements
- Follow team leader’s lead during songs (continue, don’t play, etc.)
- Be willing to not play if a song requires it, or if asked by the team leader
- Arrive early to setup equipment and be ready to start on time
- When done, make sure drum riser is clean and/or the way you found it, pack up any of your own equipment, etc.
Interested? Fill out an application to join the team.