We use Planning Center Online for service planning, scheduling, communication, and rehearsal preparation among other things. So, it’s vital that each of us take the time to setup our account and keep it updated. Here’s what you need to do:
New band members and techs, read steps 1-3.
If you already have an account, skip to Step 4 below.
- You will receive a welcome e-mail from Planning Center that says to “login and set your password by clicking ”
- Click on this link to set your password and update your account
- Next, you will be asked to create a password for the account.
- Enter your password and click on the “Set Your Password” button
- You will be asked to login with the new password you have created
- NOTE: Your username is your e-mail address
- Enter your availability and keep your availability updated
- You can block dates by clicking “Block-out Dates” on the left side of the screen (block out Sundays that you will be gone or serving in other areas—repeated blocks can even be setup for certain weeks of the month)
- Enter your availability for three months at a time, if at all possible
- Update your account information (as often as necessary)
- Click on your name at the top right of the Planning Center window
- You will see two tabs under your name: personal information and assignments
- Please include as much personal info as possible (especially phone info if we need to get a hold of you quickly).
- You can receive text message alerts on your phone by checking “Enable Text Messages” on this screen and providing your phone and carrier info.
- When you click on the “Assignments” tab, you can set serving preferences on the right side of the screen under “Assigned Positions” (we can’t guarantee that we can schedule you as often as you would like, but it is amazingly helpful to know how often you are comfortable being scheduled)
- Get the apps for your mobile devices
- Planning Center Services is a powerful app that will allow you to do almost anything you can do in the full web app. It’s an easy way to keep track of your schedule, look at our service plans, view song note attachments, listen to the week’s set in an automatically created playlist, etc.
- Planning Center Music Stand turns your iPad or Android tablet into a digital music stand. It allows you to easily pull up the week’s music, mp3’s, practice with a metronome, has dynamic note making capabilities (draw, write, highlight, etc.), and view others’ notes all while in the app.
- You can integrate the Planning Center calendar with popular calendaring programs and apps including Outlook, iCal, and Google calendar to receive alerts and view your schedule with those calendaring apps.
- You can view the Master Calendar by clicking on the button on the left side of the screen as well. This will show you birthdays and anniversaries of team members, special events that are in the Planning Center system, and Sunday worship services on both campuses.
- When you login to Planning Center Online after you have been scheduled, the dates you are scheduled for will show up in the “My Schedule” box at the top of the home screen (first screen you see after logging in).
- You will receive invitations from Planning Center Online to participate in worship services via e-mail, so it is especially important that you use an e-mail address that you check regularly.